Buenos Aires - Finally


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
October 8th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hola!

We are finally writing to you from Argentina after two days of slumming it in a 5* hotel. We are finally writing to you from Argentina after two days of slumming it in a 5* hotel. We are both fine and enjoying our time so far. We arrived here in Buenos Aires yesterday morning and hit the town straight off, visiting the markets and monuments etc. Whatever idea we or anyone else had of this place, is completely wrong. It’s a very friendly city and there is a lot of culture. Due to the influx of foreigners over the last 100 years this place has changed into a cultural center of mixed race.

Our hostel is fantastic, OK so it’s a world away from our 5* hotel we just stayed in but we didn’t come here for luxury. We came to travel and experience different cultures. Getting out the phrasebook and making an effort has been daunting at times but quite fun as most understand my rough Spanish translations.

We were in a sports shop coos I needed some swimming shorts. I asked the girl in Spanish (reading directly from a book mind) if I could try them on. I don’t know why or how but she took it that I spoke perfect Spanish and started to rally off on one in Spanish. Even when we were paying and we said that we don’t really speak Spanish she continued. It was quite a laugh and for some reason everyone keeps asking us for directions. We’ve had this wherever we go, it’s ridiculous!

Edina went to Australia on a Scholarship 11 years ago and among others met an Argentinean girl called Laura. I’m pleased to say that we managed to track her down with a little help from our hostel. We went to visit her last night and had a typical Argentinean take away. They’re kind of like pasties only filled with loads of different things. Surprisingly lovely!

It’s so cheap here, it’s crazy! A very decent bottle of wine will set you back about 2-3 pounds if that. And as you can imagine the wine is fantastic! The food is amazing too and we´re doing well and staying away from the American crap like McDonalds.

Anyways people that´s it for now. We´ll write to you the next time we have something interesting to say (how the hell do we have any entries on here I hear you cry).

Lots of love to all and we´ll update ya soon!

Lee and Edina
x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb