Buenos Aires


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 18th 2006
Saved: July 14th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Mak'in friendsMak'in friendsMak'in friends

Mis porteño amigos! BA residents are great; easy to find friends in this metropolis! And boy, do they love their city.

Buenos Aires & Torres del Fuego



Undescribeble urban and natural beauty. Must expierence for yourself.



Argentina's economic crisis has not stopped the pace of Buenos Aires' nightlife, nor has it degraded the quality of its restaurants and bars. Many first-time visitors describe Buenos Aires as the "Latin American Paris," locals describe their urban utopia as "the most European city in the world"and it's not hard to understand why. Many of the city's buildings date to the beginning of the century; its streets are paved with stone; "El Subte," the subway, even offers wood-paneled carriages on one of its lines. Just as important, there are plenty of options for dinner, drinks or a coffee, as well as opportunities to enjoy a great variety of shows. Diners can choose among places where meat--an Argentine specialty--is the main dish, or from Argentina's distinctive mix of cuisines, a reflection of its history of foreign immigration: Italian, Spanish, Greek, Turkish, Jewish, Arab, Armenian, Japanese, Chinese, Thai and French, among others. Unfortunetly, I was only granted an eight hour stay in this magnificent city.

Just an hour away from the city, visitors may find the Pampa Region on display— the region of the extensive Argentine plains, furrowed by rivers and streams, full
Wow...Wow...Wow...

The peaks of Torres del Fuego... I think. It may actually be Argentina's famous glacier (name escapes me...). Stunning.
of crops and animal breeding. Here, the hectic city life contrasts the peace and quiet of the countryside, which offers you the ideal place to rest.

Tierra del Fuego, the Land of Fire, was lighted by the Yamanas who roamed the land centuries ago. They prefer to be naked even during the freezing Antarctic storms. They owned nothing except their fire. They were born with nothing and they died with nothing. For the modern traveler, however, you'll want to bring along several layers of clothing and a comportable, agile coat to allow flexiblility if you intend to trek any part of Patagonia. Travel south and your jouney will take you to Ushuaia, the end of the world. A land as breathtaking and indescribable as it is isolated.

PICKZ


Restaurant- Near the Government House (Pink House), the Plaza de Mayo and the Buenos Aires Cathedral, Michelangelo offers one of the city's best tango shows.
Bar- If possible, do not leave Buenos Aires without at least stopping to sip a coffee or have a drink at La Biela - long standing BA establishment frequented by all. For something during the evening for dance, Divino is not to be missed. Offers
Lago TorreLago TorreLago Torre

Lago Torre & El Torre
house and latin music. For a tango-rendezvous, check out Confiteria Ideal where you'll find the best Tango dancers in the city.
Shopping- Concentrated mainly on avenues like Avenida Santa Fe and Avenida Corrientes downtown, or Avenida Cabildo in Belgrano. Be sure to stoll through the Patio Bullrich, modeled after the salon malls of Milan, this upscale glass canopied boulevard is a must.
Hotel- The newly renovated Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt offers a truely sophisticated and extravagant experience, reminiscent of the city itself. Patagonia offers numerious resort styled lodges for travelers to this isolated region of Argentina.

Additional Comments:
If you have the opportunity, there is a nearby city, Salta, that I continually heard good things about from locals. Each barrio offers something different so be sure to visit them all. I prefered the Palermo and Palermo Viejo barrios becuase they had more of a 'gay scene' and character as compared with other barrios. And with the current value of the dollar compared to that of Argentina, visiting BA is the cheapest way to see Europe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

Bike'n itBike'n it
Bike'n it

Mountain biking in Patagonia, Argentina. Ah, the fresh air and scenery was unmatched.
Main DragMain Drag
Main Drag

With the oblisk in the distance
PainPain
Pain

Yum, yum
MuppetsMuppets
Muppets

Argentinian style
Tango!Tango!
Tango!

It's in the streets, in the air, in the food, IT'S EVERYWHERE!
Tango!Tango!
Tango!

everywhere!


Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb