Advertisement
« previous next »
Photo in the Museum  

Photo in the Museum

Proud Aussie in Gallipoli

April 23rd 2006
23rd April. Said bye to Rachel and joined my ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corp) Tour. On the way out of Istanbul I saw dolphins again in the Bosphorus while the tour leader gave us some interesting facts like 3% of Turkey is European, leaving 97% Asian, The population is 70million and 14million live in Istanbul (Holland population!), and There are 35,000 historical sites in the cou ... read more
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Gallipoli

Turkish Flag Modern Turkey was founded in 1923 from the Anatolian remnants of the defeated Ottoman Empire by national hero Mustafa KEMAL, who was later honored with the title Ataturk, or "Father of the Turks." Under his authoritarian leadership, the country adopt... ... read more
Advertisement
Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 17; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0563s; 79; m:apollo w:www (50.28.60.10); sld: 2; ; mem: 6.6mb