Another day off


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
February 1st 2012
Published: February 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

The third of 3 sea days means today was another total doss. The gym felt good again - Richard can do his belt up on an earlier hole and says he can tie his gym shoe laces much more easily now. I know I can suck it in much easier than before so that has to be good progress.

This morning's lecture on snorkelling off Cabo San Lucas has completely freaked me out in readiness for our trip to go sailing and snorkelling tomorrow morning. The photos of the coral reefs and the parrot fish and the sponges were all lovely. The photos of the Barracuda and the Hammer Head Shark were not so lovely. The detail of how the Barracuda shapes its body to make itself look small even though it might be 6 foot long was the least lovely of all. So tonight I'm praying for parrot fish. And not much else!

Had some fun today choosing a photo to go in a nice frame. We had about 25 portraits taken last night and there were several really good ones. My family bought me a framed photo on board for my birthday and we've got a lovely one now so many thanks to Jane, John, Claire, Andy, Toby and Jo. It'll make a great souvenir of my 55th and of our world cruise. Fortunately it's only chest and above so no great need to suck anything in. If I could suck in double chins I would but no such luck!

We went for a lovely late afternoon stroll around the games deck this evening and managed to catch the finals of the short mat bowls. We had a go at this earlier in the week and it's blinkin' difficult. Playing bowls anyway is not easy but on a moving deck, it's even harder. By the time we got to it, all the rubbish rounds had already been played so we got to see the good people. The winners were a couple with the best dressed lady in the whole competition. I've never before seen a sportswoman win a competition in full combat jewellery and high heels!



Thanks to everyone who keeps commenting on Richard's Facebook page. It's lovely to hear from you all as it really helps us to feel in touch with home. Assuming we don't actually get eaten by any of the stalking predators in the sea tomorrow, we'll blog again tomorrow night.

Advertisement



1st February 2012

Wow, have a fab time snorkelling it sounds v exciting, if not a little scary! I'm sure you'll have great fun :-) So glad you got a pic you're happy with, thought it would be nice to have a swish photo to remember your birthday/world cruise by. Miss you loads, but so happy you're having such a good time. With all the pics and blogs it feels like you're not that far away xxxx

Tot: 0.429s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb