All at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » Coral Sea
August 12th 2018
Published: August 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sunday Sea Day
Rough seas greeted my walk around deck 6, so much so that later they closed the promenade deck for a while and relocated the smokers who had a small section of this deck up to deck 10. Deck 12 also has a small smoking section. But in a passenger complement of 1500, at any time there is only about a dozen or so people smoking. The age demographic of this cruise is swayed toward the mid 60's to 80's, not many kids or families or young ones. Today being a sea day it's about activities and food.Flags of The World was fast and furious, less than 2 minutes for 10 flags. Cruise director trivia was fun, bordering on the naughty with Pablo in fine form. We have joined up occasionally with Phillip and Virginia and a couple of other people, prizes are now bags, caps, photo frames. No longer just key rings. Movie trivia involving clips, music, and pics was tough going unless you are a movie buff. Today for something different I did a music theatre class where we learned a routine for a dance, good fun and good exercise. The 1-30pm lecture was with Professor Judi Bennett who gave a talk about the Solomon Islands and the impact of WWII both then and now in the islands and its peoples. She was funny, with a dry wit with the lack of filter due to old age. Today at lunch we sat with a lady who we presumed is cruising alone. Not a very happy lady, with complaints about the food on board, then more moaning about moving to WA to be with her family who she sees little of despite moving there. A negative outlook would not be assisting her wellbeing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.2kb