Discovering New Caledonia


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » Coral Sea
December 28th 2017
Published: December 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Beautiful palm trees, gorgeous sandy beaches, crystal blue waters and enchanting lagoons are what makes New Caledonia one of the most wonderful tropical paradises. The perfect mixture of French and Melanesian gives a special charm to this South Pacific island, offering you a dream vacation filled with enticing activities, gourmet food and amazing natural wonders you’ve never seen before. Plan your next vacation in New Caledonia and discover all the spectacular sights and natural wonders of this splendid island.

Gourmet food




Travelling to Noumea is a gourmet experience like no other. When you taste a mixture of French cooking techniques and local ingredients, you’ll be in love with Caledonian cuisine. Going on a gourmet tour will give you a chance to see just how diverse the Pacific cuisine is. Visit the surrounding lagoon and discover a variety of fish and shellfish, go to the best bakery of Noumea and indulge in all the delicious food New Caledonia has to offer. Escargots and frog legs are some of the best-known delicacies in New Caledonia, so if you’re a fan of bold tastes, make sure to try these out. However, in Noumea you can also find your everyday favourite meals, such
as pizza, seafood, various vegetables, French cheese, baguettes, and all the food you would usually eat, if you are not up for experimenting with food.

Exciting activities




From water sports to sightseeing, New Caledonia offers a myriad of exciting activities that will make your vacation unforgettable. Book some of the most exciting Noumea tours and go on a day trip to Escapade Island. Swim alongside the gorgeous underwater species, relax on the beach and have a delicious lunch. If you enjoy water activities, you can go to a Jet Ski safari and visit the fabulous Duck and Maitre Islands, go snorkelling, and swim in the turquoise waters of this tropical island. In Noumea, you can also dive around the reef, go whale watching, wind surfing, rock climbing, sailing, kite surfing, take a fishing trip, parasail, kayak and even catch a water taxi ride, which is just 10 minutes away from Duck Island, and make the most of the sunny day.

Fabulous surrounding




A mangrove swamp in the shape of a perfect heart is one of the New Caledonian’s most treasured sights. Not only is it a spectacular attraction, but it also prevents coastal erosion and helps stabilize the
seafloor. The Heart of Voh is best seen from the air, so taking a helicopter tour would be the best way to see this astonishing natural sight. Take a twenty-minute flight from Noumea and visit Isle of Pines, soak up the sun on spectacular sandy beaches, and witness a true paradise on Earth. The Jewel of Pacific is the home to most wonderful forests, beaches, and tropical fish that you can swim or dive with and have the time of your life. Furthermore, volcanic landscape and lush tropical rainforest create the spectacular backdrop for Oro Bay ‒ the home of the clearest and cleanest water in the world. If you go to a Ouen Toro lookout, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind experience and see a 360-degree view of an entire island. Whether you choose to walk or maybe even rock climb, a breathtaking wilderness and city parks will definitely leave the greatest impression on you.

Final thoughts





From charming sandy beaches, through pristine blue waters and all the way to delightful cuisine and magnificent scenery, New Caledonia offers a unique vacation, with exciting activities and spectacular surroundings. If you’re looking for a destination that has a perfect mixture of French hospitality and tropical wonders, New Caledonia is just the right place for you. Whether you choose to soak up the sun, and splash in the clearest water in the world, or you go on an exciting tour, your vacation on this South Pacific island will be the best one you’ve ever had.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb