Mediterranean Cruise 2016 Day 6


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Mediterranean » Adriatic Sea
September 29th 2016
Published: October 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

A full day at sea. My goal today is to catch up on the accursed blog.

Another beautiful day. The sea is very calm. Unless you look out a window, you might forget you're under way. I was gazing at the ocean at one point, thinking that these are basically the same waters that desperate refugees with nothing are trying to cross in pursuit of a new life, while we sit here in luxury sipping our cappuccinos. In the lottery of life, we won big time.

We attend seminars on upcoming ports and on "future" cruises. We explore the ship, trying to orient ourselves and to commit to memory the important locations. We would not enjoy a larger ship, that's for sure.

Tonight is a formal night for supper. We bedeck ourselves in our finest and roll the dice for dinner companions. Tonight we get an older couple from Florida and a Dutch couple from just outside Amsterdam. The dining room staff has been informed that it is Violet's birthday (although it actually was yesterday), and she is serenaded with the traditional Indonesian birthday song. A pleasant dinner.

We catch a couple of shows then retire for bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.3kb