Panama Canal 2015 23 Feb. Day 4


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
February 25th 2015
Published: February 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Another full day at sea en route to Cartagena, Colombia. Fairly heavy swells now that we are in the southern Caribbean, and people are adopting the drunken stumble. Air temperature is definitely increasing and humidity is rising.

We attend a talk on the major ports of call on this trip and another on Cartagena. The library has become one of our favourite spots on board. It has nice view of the ocean, a coffee bar, and lots of books–what more could you ask for? In addition, I've discovered an important secret: one of the computers in the library is permanently online, whereas at all the others you have to log in and burn expensive minutes of pre-purchased connection time. The connection is flakey and at best speed glacial, of course, because it's through satellite, but if you're using free minutes, who cares?

Lots of Canadians on board, BTW. Besides the couple from Montreal, we've encountered several couples from the GTA, from Calgary and from Lotus Land. There's even a lady we ran into from Whitehorse.

Entertainment tonight is a comedian-magician named Chris Blackmore. His tricks are simple but deftly done and his patter and improvised jokes are hilarious. Great fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 994.5kb