First sea day in the Caribbean


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
November 15th 2018
Published: January 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We have a meeting with Nelson this morning at 9.00am, so decided on a small room service breakfast. Unfortunately, it looked like they or we did not quite understand it right and we got double what we were expecting. We did manage to eat most of it though.

When we arrived at Guest Services on deck 5, we were met by the PA to Nelson and also Andre the Cruise Director. We felt very important.

This morning was our opportunity to discuss with Nelson the issues we have had with the billing and how the discounts for us being Gold Latitude members never seem to be automatic. We also had a good discussion with him with regards to the issues we have been having with the internet.

We discussed with Nelson the decision of NCL to move the Epic to San Juan from next winter and it was very interesting to understand their thinking for this. It all makes good sense.

We were with Nelson for about an hour. At the end he said he would be making a payment into our on board account as he feels that we have not been well looked after in a couple of areas. That was very much appreciated, but was not why we had completed the form.

After this we made a quick visit to the buffet. We did not need breakfast, but stopped just for tea and coffee. It was nice to just sit and watch the water pass by.

At 11.00am we went to the Epic theatre and there was a presentation about Norwegian Epic and then a question and answer session by the three top men. These were Captain Marco, Nelson the hotel manager and the chief engineer. It was all very interesting.

We were hoping to get a little sunshine today, but by the time we made it outside, the rain was falling again. No sun again today then.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb