Our first day at sea


Advertisement
Published: March 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day that we were not really looking forward to as we were not sure how it would feel being confined to the ship. As it turned out, the time was gone before we knew it.

We had a small lay in to be rid of any remaining jet lag following our three days of travelling, but were excited to get on with whatever the day had to offer.

We had a walk around the ship and tried to familiarize ourselves with the vast layout. We found it would be initially easier to just use a map when we wanted to go anywhere. It was very easy to get lost on board.

We made a visit to the Guest Services desk to find out how the internet works in case we need it and to top up our on-board guest account. We provided detailed written instructions for the internet and were told that we did not need to top up our account as they would do it automatically on a daily basis when they feel it needs topping up. No cash really needed on board. This facility was called the Sail and surf account, funded automatically on a credit card facility.

We headed out to the blazing sun on the Serenity deck 10 at about 11.00 am, only to find that most other people already there had started the relaxing a lot earlier, so the seats we wanted were already gone. We still managed some good seats and settled in for some full on sun and relaxation.

At lunchtime we headed back to the Lido restaurant to see what was on offer. As everyone was aboard, they had a magnificent great selection of foods available.

Whilst there, we bumped into a lady we had met when travelling to the port who was there with her brother and his wife. After a small chat, they invited us to join them for dinner that night in the Golden Restaurant. Their assigned dining was in the Golden Restaurant where they could go any time dining and could invite guests.

Our normally assigned dining was set for 6.00 pm in the Platinum Restaurant.

We met our dinner guests at the Golden Restaurant at 7.00 pm. We had a shrimp cocktail followed by Rib eye steak. There was also a pasta dish between these, but we did not need that. This was all washed down by ice cream and coffee, before we bid our fellow travellers good night at about 9.30 pm.

Our worries about filling our day have come to nothing. We have had a very relaxing day and were definitely not bored.

Very calm seas and continued smooth sailing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.6kb