At Sea En Route to Antigua - Day 11


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
February 5th 2015
Published: February 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 5th February, 2015. At Sea En Route to Antigua

After a posh breakfast M went to the Craft and Creation Session and made a birthday card. At 11 am we both went to Alan's lecture in the auditorium called "Written in the Stars". This was a talk on the night sky that we could see in the Caribbean. He made use of props such as an orange and a marble to illustrate the vast distances in our universe and those beyond. It was really good - the more so because Alan is really funny. At one point he disappeared out of one set of Auditorium doors and reappeared through another in order to illustrate night and day and the earth orbiting the sun! After lunch we went to the lounge to listen to our Cruise Director Richard play and sing some of Victoria Wood's cabaret songs. After this M went to Craft and Creation with Alan which was called "Drawing for Imagination". This was all about tone and shading. At the end of the session we had to invent something to draw using these principles. We met Roy and Patty in Dexter's Bar before dinner. After dinner we went to the show which was the second performance by Gerry Graham the comedien. It wasn't as good as his first show. Patty and Roy didn't make it because Roy was a little under the weather.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb