June 9 - Day at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
June 9th 2023
Published: June 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today was a day of cruising as we head from Iceland toward the United Kingdom. We lost an hour off the clocks last night but we will not have to make any more adjustments before reaching England.

Altogether today was a very easy-paced day of rest and we started by sleeping in until about 9:30. David went up to the breakfast buffet and brought some pastries and some pieces of bacon back to the cabin. Along with a cup of tea and glass of orange juice, we had a small informal morning meal. Then we spent a couple of hours resting in the cabin. We are so many time zones to the East that today's newspaper had not been loaded on-line yet.

We knew that today was scheduled for another Pub Lunch starting at 11:30, so we didn't want to be too full to enjoy it. We went to the dining room, and both enjoyed Fish & Chips. We shared the table with 3 other couples and began talking about our observations from Iceland and what other cruises we had taken or were planning. That is common topic that all cruisers can get into easily. After the lunch we went back to the cabin again.

Time for 2 jokes: What sits on the bottom of the ocean and shakes a lot? A nervous wreck. If a man from Cuba married a woman from Iceland and they had children, what would they be? Ice cubes.

David went up to the Lido Deck and watched the Ice Carving demonstration at 1:00. Yesterday had been a very nice 60-degree day in Seydisfjordur with very little wind, but today's high only reached 51 and the ship was pretty windy on deck. The carver worked pretty quickly and changed a block of solid ice into an Angel Fish. They planned to display it in the Horizon Court all evening.

Back in the cabin Janet watched another movie and David read more of his book. The past 4 days in Iceland had actually been kind of tiring, so today was enjoyable doing almost nothing. It may sound boring, but we have learned to enjoy relaxation during sea days.

Tonight, was the final Formal Night in the dining room. We had canapés before dinner, then went down to the dining room. Tonight, was a choice between duck breast, beef Wellington, or lobster. We had the latter two and split them between us. It was a very good dinner. Afterwards we went to the Princess Theater. The performance was called "Fireworks on Four Strings" and was a musician who played lots of different styles of music using a violin. He was very good and highly energetic, but we have learned to enjoy relaxation during sea days.

That is about all for now as it finished a good restful day. Hopefully you were able to have a good restful day too, unless you were supposed to work in the Hook and Needle Room at Mason Pointe. Good Night

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb