Fifth sea day across the Atlantic


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
November 12th 2018
Published: January 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Another time change last night, so our body clocks are all over the place. We were up and in the breakfast room early for 7.30am this morning.

We saw Paul and Robin the Facebook page Admins that we met yesterday and they asked if we would join their table for breakfast. We felt special.

Breakfast this morning took two and a half hours as we kept meeting people we know or when new people come and sat at our table once our Facebook friends had left.

We have nothing to hurry for though, as it is raining again outside. There is always a risk of this on a Transatlantic particularly at this time of year. It is winter after all.

Looking through the Norwegian Epic daily yesterday, we spotted the cake making competition. This is always very good fun. As we cannot go outside, we make a beeline for the seats above the Atrium so we can get a really good view.

As expected, the show was hilarious. Andre the cruise director was the hilarious compere, but was also decorating one of the cakes. Andre was covertly slipping rather a lot of alcohol into it. It was a great one hour long entertainment.

People were starting to queue for dinner after this at the nearby eatery, but it did not seem long since we finished breakfast, so we stopped off in the cabin for a while and went for lunch a little later on.

After lunch we went back to the cabin and there was a message from Nelson the hotel manager to say he had our comment slip and would like to meet us for coffee the day after we stop in St Thomas. Watch this space closely to see what happens, as we have no idea.

Later in the afternoon, we were all informed by Captain Marco that we would not be going to St Maarten tomorrow as they had bad storms forecast there at the moment and it was too dangerous for the ship and passengers. We are going to Antigua and Barbuda instead. This is a new Caribbean island for us. Whoop whoop. This will mean that we will not get to see the planes at Maho beach. We have not been visited Antigua and Barbuda before so we are really looking forward to the visit.

Tonight, we met up with a couple we have met on the cruise. She met George first in the friends of Bill meeting, and he met Theresa as part of the Maho Beach trip in cyber world. These are a strange couple we were eventually to lose our patience with.

We all went to the Taste restaurant for dinner and it was nice to be waited on for a change.

We finished the night off with a quick visit to the casino.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb