Day 3 at sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » North Atlantic
June 17th 2012
Published: June 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

17thJune 2012



Life at sea has its cost. It’s very tiring trying to stay standing all the time, great workout for your legs and glut’s.<span> Taking a shower is a bit of a circus act, and I’ve only had one in calm seas so far, I hate to think what’ll happen when things get rough.



We also have to get used to the meal times. We start breakfast at 07:30, and are finished with dinner by 17:30. In between we have a full cooked lunch, snacks at 3ish, and a free for all fridge with all sorts of goodies and an assortment of fruit all day long. The thing is, we’re working ALL the time, so by 23:00, we’re all hungry again. Oy Vey…



I complained to you earlier about the sleeping arraignments, but I must admit that there is some advantage to a little rocking and the constant noise of the engine. We all slept like babies in a car.



Already three days in, and it seems that everyone is over their sea sickness. I had the pleasure of experiencing motion sickness for the first time in my life, luckily it only lasted a few hours and with the help of a little pink pill and a good night’s sleep, life’s good again. When the queasy Assaf asked Anton, the guy who knows everything about science at sea and a real sea man, what the best way to avoid sea sickness is, he answered: “stay under a tree”. Smart guy!



We haven’t seen any dolphins yet, but we did see a whale! Actually, we saw a small silver line, with a splash way out on the horizon. It was so far away you had to use a bit of imagination but hey, a whale is a whale.



I think that’s all for now, next time I will elaborate a little more on what we’re actually doing here.



Daniella

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb