Day Six


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
January 10th 2015
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

300 Year Old Ceiba Tree300 Year Old Ceiba Tree300 Year Old Ceiba Tree

Ceiba trees are also known as 'silk cotton' trees or kapok trees. They go into seed every 2 to ten years or so. The fluff in the pod has been used for pillows, mattresses and life jackets. The 'fluff' is very soft and silky feeling. This one is located near the entrance to the Mosquito Pier.
Geo: 18.123, -65.4163

Here are the pictures from Saturday, January 10th, our last full day on Vieques. David, Sonja, Anne and I drove to the Mosquito Pier where David, Sonja, and I did a bit of snorkeling while Anne walked. Some of the best snorkeling areas are around this pier. Though we did not go out very far, we thought it was some of the best that we found. On the way back, we stopped at the 300+ year old Ceiba tree. Neat tree. Think LeeAnne and family stuck close to home this day, enjoying the pool. Dinner that night was at the Tin Box, near Espearanza. This was one of the best restaurants we found on the island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

At the Ceiba TreeAt the Ceiba Tree
At the Ceiba Tree

With David and Sonja - gives a bit of perspective as to how large the tree is.
At the Ceiba TreeAt the Ceiba Tree
At the Ceiba Tree

Sonja and David
Tree branchTree branch
Tree branch

When young, the branches have large 'thorns.'
Pool Pool
Pool

View from just outside the kitchen/living area.
Pool ViewPool View
Pool View

Pool view with ocean and hillside dwellings.
ViewView
View

Another pool angle.
PoolPool
Pool

Maggie 'surfed' from one side of the pool to the other.
PoolPool
Pool

And almost always remained upright!
View View
View

The view from the house changed during the day, so the look was always different. And always lovely!
At the Tin BoxAt the Tin Box
At the Tin Box

One of the best restaurants we found.


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb