Formal night tonight & pictures too


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
March 13th 2014
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 25.6019, -113.906

Mom is killing me! She orders room service at 7 in the morning and the guy shows up right on time. The usual; 2 coffees, juice and a roll. I jump up, stumble my way to the door to greet the server who says, "Good morning". Ya, right. Now I go back to bed and we sleep 2 more hours while the coffee gets cold. Then we go to the buffet for hot coffee. Somehow this doesn't make sense but we do it every day. I just had to tell somebody and Mom won't listen. I feel better now.

So we have three days to relax on our way back from Mexico. It's a time to rest and relax. No schedules to meet. The only reason to check a clock is to manage attendance to the shows, activities, movies, demonstrations, parties and sales on board throughout the day and night. On our radar for today is 75% off sale this morning, relaxing in the afternoon, dress up for pictures and the formal dinner tonight and then several shows to finish things off.

Mom and I went to the big sale but it was stuff from past cruises with no particular appeal to us. We hung out downstairs in the big puffy chairs, listened to a Dixieland band until around 3pm then returned to our room to get dressed. I got into my tuxedo and Mom her fancy dress and met the family at 5pm to get some pictures before dinner. Then we went down to the dinner. Tonight: Thai spring rolls, tomato Basel soup, lobster, beef Wellington, soufflé and cherries jubilee. Served with wine and coffee. We joined Min and her family to take pictures with her Thai waiters that had taken extra good care of us, bringing us extra things to try. Somchit likes salmon and he started every meal with a piece of salmon. He never asked, they just brought it. Double deserts too. We'll miss these guys.

Now for a few more picture stops. Karen and I skip the photos. We have so many. Min and Boomer have some nice family pictures taken. Then we go to the Princess Theater to see a show "British Invasion", dancing to Beatles, Stones and others music. Next was the ship version of the "The Newlywed Game" which is always hilarious. Lastly, to the Vista Lounge for a comedian/magician show and some drinks.

Now it's 11pm and even the kids are done. We can put away our fancy duds. Tomorrow is our last sea day. We are now off the coast near San Diego, getting ever closer to San Francisco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb