Day 10-11 - Exploring Tortola


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
June 2nd 2015
Published: June 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 18.405, -64.6744

We stayed at the Sugar Mill Hotel in Little Apple Bay, Tortola for 3 days. It was a nice relaxing stay. On our second day, Monday, we took a taxi to Road Town to check that out. It is the most populated city in the BVI, and is their center for commerce and government. It was worth a visit but you don't need to spend much time there.

On Tuesday, we took a taxi to Mount Sage National Park. Mount Sage is the highest point in The Virgin Islands with an elevation of 1716 feet. We took a 3 mile hike through the park and were the only ones on the trail. There were a couple of fantastic views.

Tuesday was also a full moon, so we planned to go to the Full Moon Party at the Bomba's Surfside Shack. It is a beach bar built with whatever scrape material that happened to be laying around the island. However, that is apparently WAY over the top, so we decided to go to Paradise Bar on Cane Garden Bay first, and then swing by Bomba's later. But, we stayed at Paradise too late to get a cab back, so the owner had his cook drive us back at 2:00 in the morning once they closed. We had a great time needless to say!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Lunch timeLunch time
Lunch time

I think there are as many chickens as people on the island. They just walk right through restaurants and shops.
Bomba's Surfside Shack Bomba's Surfside Shack
Bomba's Surfside Shack

An architectural marvel


3rd June 2015

Whoooooo! Did you think I would catch that? The North Carolina State Flag is flying at Bomba's Surfside Shack! There must be a story! Have Fun.....well it sounds like the night of the full moon may have been "too much fun"!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb