June 21 - Back at Sea Again


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Arctic » Norwegian Sea
June 21st 2023
Published: June 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today is the Summer Solstice - when the daylight is the longest in the Northern Hemisphere. It is also a day of cruising as we sail south through the Norwegian Sea. It was a bright clear day all day, with smooth seas and the temperature up to 61. The pool deck was pretty crowded this afternoon with people out enjoying the sun and comparatively warm temperatures. Anyway, we sailed out of the Arctic Circle last night and we continue to head toward an area where we will get a few hours of darkness at night.

Today is also the day that our Grandson Alex is leaving on his trip to Europe. We expect him to have lots of interesting experiences and see plenty of impressive sights. It will help him to understand more about other parts of the world. We are glad to see he inherited some of our "traveler's genes".

We got up in time to go to the dining room for breakfast. It is easier to have someone wait on us and bring the food to the table instead of going through the buffet at the Horizon Court. Since Janet did not want Eggs Benedict today, it was pretty much the same food either way.

After breakfast Janet went to join the knitting group. There are only a few more days of knitting with her new friends so she didn't want to miss such a good opportunity as today. David actually went back to the cabin and took an hour's nap before going to the lounge to read for another hour. Then she was done knitting for today.

We planned just to have snacks for lunch so we would be hungry enough to enjoy High Tea this afternoon. When we went there, they served lots of different kinds of finger sandwiches, small breads and cakes, and scones. Janet drank both cups of our tea, so nobody knew David wasn't drinking. But the food was very tasty.

Before going to the Tea, we had watched the Wake Show and had seen the Future Cruise person discussing some new "50% off" sale itineraries. There was one which was especially interesting, so we went to talk about it and actually booked another cruise for next May. We probably should have checked with our "cat sitters" first, but this was a limited time offer and we decided to book it. It will be for 27 days, from Ft Lauderdale across the Atlantic and then a number of interesting ports in Europe. So that was our big event today. We did get a note from Valerie, confirming that the cat was doing well - thanks for the update.

Back after High Tea, we had a couple of hours to rest and get ready for dinner. Tonight, Janet had the Rotisserie Chicken and David had Fettuccini Alfredo. As expected, it was very good but also very filling. We decided to forego the show in the theater this evening and spent the time in our cabin.

Today was basically what we wanted from a quiet day at sea. Tomorrow we will be in a cruise port with another excursion scheduled, so we will stop here and get a good night's sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb