Playing With Turtles


Advertisement
Vanuatu's flag
Oceania » Vanuatu » Efate
April 15th 2011
Published: April 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Turtles, turtles everywhere!

The Kustom owners at Chrystal Blue Lagoon sure know a great location when they see it. We spent the day out there and discovered a turtle hatchery full of very cute little babies. We swam and snorkled in the lagoon and got up close and personal with lots of colourful sealife.

Exhausted and ready to eat, the over-water restaurant was calling. Friendly staff happily prepared the most delicious seafood platter, freshly caught in the waters below. The other Gypsy taste tested Vanuatu's famously tender organic beef, BBQ’d to perfection … he wasn’t disappointed.

Established and managed by local ni-Vanuatu Kustom owners on Turtle Bay Beach, just 20 minutes drive from Port Vila, Crystal Blue offers conference facilities, restaurant, workshop and a chapel (just in case the tropical ambience gets you in the marrying mood!).

We wished we’d booked a couple of nights accommodation at this eco-resort. It would have been very special to stay in one of the traditional style bungalows, but today we were content to play in the warm water with the turtles.

There’s always next time. We’ll choose an ocean view bungalow, we know the prices are very reasonable and we can’t beat the location, the snorkelling or the food.

Want to know more? Crystal Blue Lagoon






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Food with a viewFood with a view
Food with a view

View from the restaurant.


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb