dry land!!


Advertisement
Vanuatu's flag
Oceania » Vanuatu » Efate » Port Vila
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

well that was an exsasting 5 days! As soon as we left the safety of the coral reefs in fiji and on our way to Vanuatu the heavens decided to open up and send rains of many different variations, from light drizzle to 'it doesn't matter if we wore wet gear or not!' after spending the first day either bent over the railing trying not to feel nauseous or in the fetal position holding on for dear life and trying not to be swung out of my top bunk! the second and third day wasn't much better. I wasn't sea sick to much at that point but it was still a little shady eating down in the hold (dinning area). by the fourth day i was fine and had gotten my sea legs, so I could more or less join life back on the ship. Which luckily for me was the day that we were starting our chess tourdamint, and more importantly interrogation's! This is just a tradition aboard the boat in which we chose one member of our watch (which consists of 9 ppl, including our watch leader Antony) and asking them personal questions about themselves, only two of the questions they are aloud to veto. Me being the most vocal in the group(??) chose Lauren (the director of salt's) who is only with us for a few more day, he had quite a few interesting stories to tell, including the time he flipped every stop sign in his town upside down in his youth. its interesting learning the quirks about other ppl around you and I've found that I'm getting to know ppl inner working quite quickly!
We have until first light tomorrow morning in Port Vila (being on first watch in the morning (4am) means i can actually see the sun rise which i haven't managed to catch yet!) then we have a few days to island hop around the Vanuatu area, and then off to the Solomon's to avoid hurricane season! we have to try and get a close to possible to the equator (yes dad we are crossing it!) which means even hotter conditions that we are in now, which for everyone living in Vancouver it must be impossible to fathom. Just imagine jumping into the ocean and it being bath temperature! now apply that to our entire surrounding.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb