First Day in PNG!!!


Advertisement
Papua New Guinea's flag
Oceania » Papua New Guinea
April 28th 2006
Published: April 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone!

We are glad to be here in PNG; ran into some visa issues so we ended up spending a day in Brisbane while the rest of the team (minus Greg) went on to Port Moresby, PNG. We arrived very late Wednesday night but received a very warm welcome. On Thursday (our first full day in PNG) we met the wonderful staff at the HOPE Worldwide office before heading out to visit some of the HOPE projects: the Six Mile School & Nine Mile Clinic. We took some short videos of the children at 6 Mile School; they are so precious!!! They sang some songs for all of us :-). Without this school, many children would have little or no education and ultimately have less opportunity to earn a decent living. Our group has brought many small toys for the children of PNG and we were able to give some to the students at the school and some children in town. Deena and I had a nice lunch with Luke and Ossie, singles ministry leaders in the Port Moresby congregation. We have been moved and amazed by the joy, kindness, and strong community bonds of the church here.
Love,
Pete & Deena


Advertisement



28th April 2006

Hi from Michigan!
Dear Pete and Deena, Thanks for the note! We are eagerly awaiting news of your visit! I know that more of us miss you guys than Shann... who does miss her husband a lot... How are Tony and Tasha? Give them our love! Also - tell Tony that Rodney Fuller is being restored this week. - All our love and prayers are with you all. - Allan Aubert

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb