What makes a coutry Developing or Advanced?


Advertisement
Published: March 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

What is a developing and a advanced country? A developing country is country that has a low standard of living that seeks out to become economically advanced/industrialized. An advanced country has a high standard of living, high industrialized country, and economically strong. The two countries that I chose was Papua New Guinea and US. Now before any data, we can say US is an advanced country, but what makes it different from a developing country like Papua New Guinea. By using the HDI data provided and specifically looking at the education, economy/trade income, and life expectancy. The data from HDI stated that USA expected schooling year for children is an average of 16.8yrs, but in PNG it is 5.8yrs, and that came out to 11yrs of schooling. What the data means is, PNG has 6 years of schooling and that would be evident of low availability of schools. With few schools, we could infer that the country itself can't afford to build schools. If it can't afford schools, then the country economy isn't advanced to support schools. Another factor I considered was the economy/trade income. What this means is import vs export of goods. The USA index is .897, but PNG is .468, which the USA has doubled the PNG export and import business. In other words, the USA has a massive economy compared to PNG that has a smaller economy that import and export less. Lastly, the life expectancy difference was 15.6 years with the USA at 78.7 years and PNG at 63.1. What I can infer was the availability of medicine and doctors is lower in PNG that shows the health standard is low and people simply can't afford medicine or the low standard in medicine or the availability of medicine. In the end USA was the developed country because it has a large economy, life expectancy was higher, and years of schooling was longer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb