The perfect burger


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
June 18th 2011
Published: June 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our time in Queenstown was the period before the snow and ski season and after the summer so the town was quiet. Shops were open late but no one was shopping in them. Queenstown was another town that we were very impressed with and seems really liveable. After a busy week of driving and activities we decided to do something like a normal couple, cheap meal out and then to the Cinema. The following day we sampled the world famous (and rightly so) Fergburger. Tom being an avid fan of a burger was quick to polish his off and the rest of Ashleighs that she couldn't manage. The best thing to do after a burger and a half was surely to jump off a bridge. So we headed to Kawarau Bridge to the North of Queenstown, the original Bungee Jumping location, and Tom jumped off a bridge. After watching a 60 year old and a tubby 11 year old Indian kid roll off it was Toms turn. It was an impressive swan dive with straight legs and body making for some cracking pictures, an example to the coach load of Chinese that were watching. Ash managed to do her part and caught it all on video camera.

After some time in civilisation we headed back on the road, along the Southern Coast highway. We had rainy weather most of our drive which meant we did it quicker than we anticipated. The coast was very remote, and we saw lots of wildlife. We braved the weather and spent one sunset waiting on a beach for the rare yellow headed penguins to come in from the sea for the night. We saw two, which apparently is pretty good. We saw lots of seals again, the novelty of seeing seals so close up still hadn't worn off for Ash. After the Southern Coast highway and wild campsites we camped up for a night in a car park to break up our journey.

Lots of love T & Axx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Rare yellow eyed penguinRare yellow eyed penguin
Rare yellow eyed penguin

1 of only a few we actually saw


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb