Rugby and Abel Tasman


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
March 14th 2011
Published: March 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post


Well we attended our first rugby game ever in Nelson. It was the Christchurch team because they have been temporarily located and they are apparently the best team to watch. A few of their players will be in the World Cup in September including the rugby version of our Sydney Crosby. The game was great it was a mini Superbowl the way that it felt. A great opening show with horses and helicopters. We mostly understood the game thanks to our roommate Allister who taught us about the game. So we can check that off the must do list in NZ.

On Saturday we did a two night road trip up to Abel Tasman to stay at the barn one more time. Our room this time had a view of the ocean and there were horses running around just outside the door. The weather was perfect so we went hiking and hit the beach both days even treated ourselves to an ice cream treat afterwards. They had a good campfire going at night time all it was missing was a guitar.

Officially leaving Nelson and heading back to the north island now to do a little more touring and hopefully some surfing as well. We met a lot of really great people at this hostel in Nelson it was a great spot to hang out by the pool for a few days. The nightlife has been pretty fun here as well. Mr. Matson won a poker tournament downtown one night so “we” won a bar tab downtown and took care of that after the rugby game. Also on open mic night Jon, Johnny and I - the three Canadians decided to do a tribute number to the Tragically Hip and sang Wheat Kings for the crowd turns out we were the only Canadians there soooo I am not sure it was appreciated but don’t worry I have a great video of it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb