Day 81


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
January 20th 2011
Published: January 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Decided today to go to Arrow Town and over the Crown range pass, the highest road in NZ. On the way, we decided to check out the re-cycling shop. The local dump has a recycling shop, which will go through the items being discarded, as well as accepting donations from people, and then sells on items second hand to the general public. We have been cooking our dinners on two tiny camping saucepans, so decided a frying pan would be really useful, and reckoned we’d get a bargain price there rather than buying new. We emerged from the shop with a frying pan, a large saucepan (so we can cook enough food for both of us at the same time!) two pillow cases and a double fitted sheet we can put over the two single air beds, having spent a grand total of 9 dollars!!! Very impressed and looking forward to cooking dinner now! From there we headed up the road towards the Crown Range, The views from the road were amazing, especially looking down towards Queenstown, but, en route, we stopped at the world famous Cadrona Hotel for coffee and a bite to eat for lunch. This was originally set up by a husband and wife and, when they split, the wife literally took half of the pub with her, apparently!!! Anyway, there isn’t much else on the road so we stopped there for lunch! After we’d made it down the other side, we soon found ourselves in Arrowtown., originally built as a gold mining town, it is now mostly about shops and cafes, but still fairly pretty to look at. We wandered around for a bit before settling on a cream tea for afternoon snack, I took some pics and then we headed back to the camp site to snooze for a bit, before having a picnic tea sat outside our tent and then having an early night. Feet looking much better today, and we picked up some heel balm to try and get some moisture back into my left heel, which now has an enormous bruise on the back of it, underneath where the blister was. Oh, and also made the weekly free paper, no photo this time, and just a mention of me as the last finisher in the race, over here on honeymoon! Still famous, it would appear!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb