mmm possum pie


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » West Coast » Franz Josef
April 21st 2006
Published: April 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well After last nights shenanigans everyone was a little worse for wear....and incredibly quiet bus journey.
We stopped at the Bushman Centre to see a bit of life on the West Side (sorry west coast!) Basically a hut with loads of deer and possum hunting memorabilia and taxidermy galore. Some disgusting (live) eels in grotty water, a worried looking live possum (surrounded by possum skins) and a very depressed looking fat pig. Alun was 'volunteered' (read 'made') to feed the poor thing hunks of bread before beating a hasty retreat. To be fair the big ugly pig just laid down after the bread was finished. Too mind numbingly bored with his daily performance to even think about attacking Alun. It wasnt in the least bit menacing but Im sure the health and safety bods would have a field day. from the pig to the saws on the walls!

We left for Franz Josef but only after lee had sampled Possum Pie.
The town itself is ever so small but its the base from which to tackle the Franz Josef Glacier, which is our quest for tomorrow.
The hostel has a hot tub, which is nice since it pissed it down again!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb