Treble Cone


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
August 30th 2014
Published: September 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Treble Cone Ski Resort


Every morning, after a 30 minute shuttle ride, including a 10 minute climb, i arrive at work, at Treble Cone. I usually arrive 30 minutes before the start of work, so i take the opportunity to look at the stunning view, in the crisp morning air.

First, the sky lightens, and a pink shadow emerges above the pristinely groomed white slopes. Then, the whole sky becomes a beautiful baby blue, as the pink dissapears, and the sun emerges from behind the raw, ragged mountain range and comes gliding over the lake below.

That's when i close my eyes, and allow for a few seconds to absorb the first streaks of sun into my body. The warmth it brings in the crisp morning air is unique, and so energizing. After pacing up and down the freshly groomed run at the bottom of the 6 (chairlift), I watch the Austrian race team make their way down the mountain. Their extra pair of skis and their bags are lined up neatly beside the gates, which in addition to the quiet stillness of the place, creates an appealing sense of security. That is when time is up, and the first chores are calling. But now, i walk towards the caf with my head up, and my feet light, as opposed to the sulking figure that drooped out of the van half an hour earlier.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.109s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb