Rainy Days and Ismuthus Peak


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
March 17th 2013
Published: March 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

As the DOC had predicted, I woke up on Sunday morning to torrential rain! It continued all day, which is much needed for the country and nice, as it’s always good to have a rain on a rest days! Both Sunday and Monday I had a very productive time sorting out my photos, reading, wondering round Wanaka (window shopping) in all their nice shops and spending a large amount of time on the internet researching next steps, trips and uploading my blog for you all. Ana and I have taken the time over the few days, and the fact we have a beautiful kitchen at our disposal currently to whip up some beautiful dishes, including venison and lots of roasted veg – it was amazing! We also made the remainder of the veg into a soup for the next few days. Other notable delights have included a zingy cucumber salad, a sprouting salad, one of my finest banana and chocolates cakes (even if I say so myself) and chicken in white wine sauce with sweet potato jackets. Due to the rain we have also visited the local cinema – an amazing little cosy place called Ruby’s with large leather black chairs, around 20 seats and a great little bar and atmosphere; and a THE best health food store names ‘Soul Food’ where I had a lovely juice with beetroot, apple, carrot and ginger in!

After indulging in some much beautiful food, and with the rain starting to ease we took the opportunity on Tuesday afternoon to do the Ismuthus Peak walk. This turned into a great little walk, a couple of hours up through farmland, surrounded by amazing jagged rock formations and views of Huwea lake. We made the most of these rocks to take some ‘adventure’ photography – trying to make the scenery pictures a tad more interesting! At the top of the peak you were treated to views of both Huwea and Wanaka lake, and combined with the mountains it was just fabulous! We timed it perfectly as when we reached the bottom the sun was starting to set and the light over Lake Huwa on our journey back was stunning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb