Wanaka - Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
February 18th 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up early packed our bags ready for check out time, we were not being collected by the Magic bus until 2:30 so hired some bikes and went for a ride around the lake. We found some really nice tracks along the lake side and stopped to take pictures of the lake and surrounding mountains. we passed loads of other bikers and walkers enjoying the weather, again we could wear shorts. The water in the lake was really clear we could see the fish really easily from the river banks. There were a few monuments by the river we stopped to look at then we headed back into town and went to the war memorial high up on one of the hills. It was Rebecca’s turn to jump into the lake then got showered had lunch and waited for the bus. As usual the bus was late and again an extra bus was required. We headed to Queenstown stopping at the first commecial bungy site where we watched a film on AJ Hackett Bungy and one of the passengers did the jump over the Kawarau bridge. We got to Queenstown had a quick drive around and then got dropped off at our accommodation. We had made plans to meet up with one of our friends from Africa for a few drinks and dinner which lead to karaoke and clubbing. He managed to get us a private dining room and brought along a few friends he had made on the way. We had a really good night and amazingly met up with the girls from Franz. Late night sore heads…..


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb