Kid's Sports


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Timaru
June 23rd 2008
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Graham - soccerGraham - soccerGraham - soccer

West End team
All three kids are very involved in team sports. I know we have posted the blog of the cross country, but I wanted to also show you some team sports.
Basketball ended a few weeks ago for Graham, but at the last game he got "player of the week". It starts up for Avery's age group right after winter break at the end of July.
Graham's soccer team won their first game this past week. Gregg and I had to divide and conquer - rugby and soccer were at the same time at different ends of town. Gregg watched Graham play soccer and I watched Avery play rugby.
Avery should have gotten "player of the week" last week. He scored 4 trys (goals, touchdowns)! We missed the evening event where they announced "player of the week" and therefore they might save it for him for another week. They like to share the glory. He is doing really well and is only bummed that I am not letting him play tackle rugby. We felt like it was important for him to learn the game playing "ripper" rugby first. Hopefully, before the year is over he will get to participate in one game of tackle. It is brutal as we are seeing from all the professional rugby that we are watching.
We came back from Christchurch early enough yesterday for Sydney to play hockey (not called field hockey here and is played by boys as well). Last week, Syd's team played a bunch of women that were my age and mainly former, or current, coaches. I am pretty sure I could not handle the sport any where near as well as they did! Mountainview won their first game last night against another local high school. The other interesting thing is that they play on turf not grass. It makes it a much faster game, and more painful when you fall, which Sydney did several times.
The boys are also taking tennis lessons. I know they could do this at home, but why is it that you don't take advantage of things at home, but you do when you go elsewhere. They are really loving the lessons. Sydney hopes to start lessons at the beginning of the next term (August) as well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Syd's Field Hockey TeamSyd's Field Hockey Team
Syd's Field Hockey Team

Mountainview's First Win!!
Avery - RugbyAvery - Rugby
Avery - Rugby

Avery's team - Old Boys Blue
Graham - BasketballGraham - Basketball
Graham - Basketball

Player of the week!


1st July 2008

Graham looks REALLY tall in the last picture!

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb