Timing is everything!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Southland » Catlins
January 24th 2019
Published: March 31st 2020
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are in The Catlins on the south of South Island. By the sound of it we did well to get away with a very short delay from Manchester with snow falling quite heavily as others weren’t so lucky. And our flights – Manchester to Doha (6hrs), Doha to Auckland (16hrs) and Auckland to Dunedin (1h30) – all went like clockwork so again timing was on our side.

As we flew over the west coast of Australia I thought not far now but it was another 7 hours to Auckland.

Dunedin airport is quaint. As our plane – the only one st the airport – pulled up, Chris pointed out the cows grazing at the side of us.After picking up our hire car and stopping at New World supermarket for a few provisions m, we drove down to Nugget Point for a walk to the lighthouse. This was when timing was not on our side as you can see from the photos of us soaked. Not exactly a downpour as it came in horizontally.

It was still lovely though – we saw several fur seals – and the place we’re staying at at Kaka Point is gorgeous. Chris is enjoying the view with a cuppa in the right of the photo.

Went out for a splendid meal and a couple of pints of Speights Gold at 'The Point' then an early night to help our body clocks readjust.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb