Grant and Rae's NZ Trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
January 23rd 2012
Published: January 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Queenstown Hill......Queenstown Hill......Queenstown Hill......

...that's where we're headed!
Relatively easy day today........caught the hotel shuttle bus into Queenstown and climbed Queenstown Hill - only 907 metres but (much of it) steeply uphill,surprise,surprise. Took us just under the hour to reach the top where we breakfasted on a pancake stack with bacon,bananas and maple syrup. Stunning views - and they do everything from there: paragliding,bunay jumping,luge,mountain biking (even mini-golf). Took the gondola back down.

This afternoon we did the Skippers Canyon Jet boats - exhilirating,almost as scary as the drive to get there. Our guide was a real comedian named Craig,saying such things as "If you hear my door opening - as he opened his door going round a tight bend with a sheer drop on one side - it's time to get out!". Again spectacular scenery - even saw Ben Lomond! Jet boat ride was fun - Rae didn't scream too much - it's quite unbelievable how they manoeuvre in such little water! The hulls must be pretty strong.

Tired out by pur exploits,we decided to have room service while looking out at fabulous views (snow had fallen on the mountains overnight).

Off to Franz Josef tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

On the way up......On the way up......
On the way up......

......Gramps making a meal of things,as usual!
On the way up......On the way up......
On the way up......

......Gran taking a break, as usual!
Queenstown Hill...Queenstown Hill...
Queenstown Hill...

.......view from the top.
The Road to Skippers....The Road to Skippers....
The Road to Skippers....

......Gorilla rock (if you have some imagination!).
Our Jet boat....Our Jet boat....
Our Jet boat....

....and Brian,our "Skipper"!
Jet-boating......Jet-boating......
Jet-boating......

...there's not a lot of water under these things!
One of the first Bungy Jump...One of the first Bungy Jump...
One of the first Bungy Jump...

.....bridges,over the Shotover river. You jump from here,Franics?


23rd January 2012

Interested in having your blog on tripping?
Hi! Wow! You have travelled all over! Currently I help coordinate the blog for the social travel site called Tripping.com. It\'s a site that helps travelers easily, safely connect with locals in over 175 countries. (http://www.tripping.com) Would you be interested in contributing a guest post to our blog? We\'re most interested in photo essays and destination tips. I was thinking some of your photos from around the globe could make a great photo essay. Or maybe you\'d be interested in writing a post like \"\"Top 5 Things to See/Do in Mongolia.\"\" Here is the link to our guest post guidelines: https://www.tripping.com/blog/guest-post-opportunities/ I look forward to hearing from you! If you have any other ideas for a guest post, or any friends that might be interested in writing, feel free to share. Best, Sarah :) P.S. We have micro communities on Tripping called \'Networks\' for members to connect based on shared interests and affiliations. There is a Travel Writers Network you might be interested in: https://www.tripping.com/network/63. Approval is required to join the Network (to make sure everyone is in fact a travel blogger) but I\'ll make sure you\'re given access.
24th January 2012

Tripping.com
Thanks,Sarah. Will think about it and get back to you on our return to the UK in February. Rgds, Grant
26th January 2012

Blog
Hi Grant, That would be great! Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your trip! I really love NZ and would love to go back there one day! Best, Sarah

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb