Day 82 & 83


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
December 21st 2010
Published: December 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we enjoyed a much needed lie-in and a day off from the bus! so once we had recuperated we headed straight to the famous Ferg Burger for lunch where we enjoyed possibly the best burgers ever! After a little stroll around the town we then went back to the hostel and got ready for our second night out in Queenstown which once again didn't disappoint! Unfortunately however the next morning was an early one as we caught the bus again to start the 5 hour journey to Milford Sound. The journey was very long but was broken up by some amazing scenery including fields full of fox gloves and some spectacular mountains! When we arrived at the Sounds the weather was a little cloudy but we could still see the reflection of Mitre Peak in the fiord which was pretty stunning! We boarded the ferry and set off into the sounds where we went into some waterfalls and even saw dolphins and seals! Back on dry land we boarded the bus again and headed back to Queenstown where we summoned up the energy for our last night out there where we enjoyed yet another classic (Ferg Burger included!!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb