Day 85 - Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 27th 2006
Published: March 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Went for a morning stroll around town, a sunny day, so far. In the afternoon we walked to the top of the hill overlooking Queenstown. It was a longer walk than we thought and it started to rain, turning into a storm by the time we reached the top. We had intended to take the Luge back to the bottom but we found that you had to take a chair lift further up and it only brought you back down to the restaurant where we already were. After sheltering for a while feeling cold and wet, we took the Gondola back down. The mist cleared slightly to reveal views over the town. Queenstown is renowned for it's extreme activites, so we played indoor mini-golf ! I won by one point but there was argument over the rules, so we decided on a draw :-p We ate at a Thai restaurant as the rain worsened again then drove around to find chocolate. Watched TV and were amused by the drunken antics of our roomies rolling in (and back out again) to local bars. Annoyed by snoring Irish bloke who wasn't even staying in our room!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 95; dbt: 0.0902s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb