Kia Ora Queenstown, New Zealand!!!!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
November 14th 2009
Published: November 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=ff9Pe_V8Z7Y]Kia Ora Queenstown!!!

This place is undoubtedly the Adventure Capital of the World!! You can do just about anything here from bungy (home of the bungy btw), sky dive,hike, jet boat, helicopter ride, canyon swing, ski, you name it! The scenery is a picture-perfect landscape and the town offers an Aspen like feel!! I LOVE IT!!

When we planned this leg of the trip, we made sure we would be at the Best! And the Sofitel Queenstown it is! The hotel is in the heart of Queenstown and the service is in your face!!! LOVING IT!! Check out pics from the room.

As soon as we arrived, we headed to the town info center and next thing we knew...we were on a jet boat through Shotover Canyon! I really wanted to try the Skipper's but there was no boats and we still need to fit in more adventures! Check out the fast Jet Boat ride pics.

This afternoon, Nelson found Patagonia Chocolatier; which served his favorite: Chocolate Mousee!! The chocolate fondue, gelatos, hot chocolate etc...is so delish!

Tonight, we went to Body Sanctum ( thanks to Leah's recommendation) and had a floating hydrotherapy experience. We each entered a floating chamber full of espon salt and relaxed in the detoxifying water (floating for an hour). Afterwards, we both felt completely rejuvinated and were glowing! What an experience!

Tomorrow, we have a private helicopter ride planned to Milford Sound, if the weather permits! It's a 2 hour ride with a planned glacier drop off!! Super $$$ but well worth it!!!

As for the next 3 days...Nelson is planning to canyon swing (60m free fall @ 150kph + swing over a river 200m arc!!)...and take a 12,000 ft sky dive....who knows what else!!!

Queenstown certainly is spine-tingling, quaint, scenic and everything we imagined!!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Sofitel RoomSofitel Room
Sofitel Room

Queenstown
BalconyBalcony
Balcony

Sofitel


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb