Queenstown - Deer Park


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 17th 2009
Published: February 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was a very cold night last night and neither of us got much sleep, i ended up sleeping untill 11am whilst Chris went for a run. Once up and eaten breakfast in the sun, it's very crisp but warm in the sun like in the mountains, we headed to the Deer Park.
For $20 per car, it' s like a self-drive safari up a mountain! It's a long windy road and along the way you can stop and see donkeys, pigs, ducks, deer, stags, llamas, alpaca's, hundreds of goats all the was to the top. From there the views are spectacular. You can see everything from Frankston, Kingston, the lakes, Queenstown etc. - amazing!
We walked along the top to the picnic area. All around here on this mountain are many areas where the Lord of the Rings II were shot! Pretty cool! There is also an old movie set, a big prison, from a Disney film that was fimed here!
On the way down we stopped a few times feeding the animals ( you can buy a tin of food on the way in ) and got to see more donkeys, cows, bison, other types of deer and miniature
LLamas and Alpaca'sLLamas and Alpaca'sLLamas and Alpaca's

At the deer park
horses. Spent a good couple of hours here!
We then drove into Queenstown to send a couple of things to the UK from the post office and checked our e-mails. I also had to update the blog as i was seriously behind...as you probably all noticed!!! We got to check our photos, got some really good ones!
Came back to camp at 7.30pm, had beans on toast with a poached egg an a bottle of wine!! As we sat down Jess and Jen from Wanaka walked in, they were staying at this campsite too for a few days, so we spent the evening with them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

QueenstownQueenstown
Queenstown

View from the top!


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb