Wanaka to Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
March 24th 2008
Published: March 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Spent one night only in Wanaka - lovely feel about it. HOWEVER!! Disaster struck when we soon realised that there is an outrageous law regarding alcohol at Easter. Anton from Bar Uno very kindly informed us that not only are there inflated prices on a public holiday because they have to pay their staff time and a half BUT .... you can only sup on a glass of vino if you are eating food!! AND ...... you can't even buy it in the supermarket (yes we did try).

Anyhow, Anton recommended a lovely restaurant called the White House which was run by a very ecentric guy but the chef was fantastic.

Next day was a leisurely start before we drove to Queenstown to meet with Ruth (later known as The Silly Moo). Accommodation was lovely (Goldridge Hotel), gorgeous views over the lake and didn't matter that it was a short bus journey into town.

Queenstown..... so much to do and see, however the law followed us despite Anton's reassurance that Queenstown was different. So we ate and drank and ate and drank ..........

So it probably wasn't a good idea to go to the tourist booking centre after a few drinks - after walking out of there making poor Malcolm work for his dollar and booked on Jet boating, horse riding for two hours and hang gliding ..... we were delighted when some guy saw three desperate ladies wandering the streets and swiftly tagged us and ushered us towards a bar that had seen around the law. They insisted serving us food for free if we drank which to be honest wasn't a problem as you can imagine. Sweet as (as they say here!!!).

Still working on uploading the pics. Maybe better that we can't!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb