New Zealand - Still rocking!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
October 27th 2007
Published: October 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hidey Ho everybody!

Well we did stay here in NZ and we basically decided to do the South Island. The North Island is very green and pretty but the South Island has got the lot! Mountains covered in snow, lakes turquoise and blue, and some pretty amazing scenery all round! It's crazy driving along the roads from place to place as you go through Valley's, Gorge's, Mountains, and drive along coastal scenery that can't be captured well enough on camera. It's Absolutely Wicked! We've been driving for 5 days non -stop now (apart from pulling over to write this - joke). If you get a map and see from Auckland (North Island) to Queenstown (South) then you'll realise how far we've come. The unfortunate thing is we gotta get back up there but the view is well worth it. This place is by far the most beautiful, the least spoilt, and the nicest little towns.

Today we took the Queentown Gondola up to Bob's Peak. The views from up there are just Amazing!!! The town itself is cute, very touristy, but not overrun. It's a good balance. There are many things to do, the Gondola being one of them, and the TSS Earnslaw, which takes you up and down lake Wakapiki (think that's right - always hard to remember when you haven't got your guide books).

There is a Jet boat that we wanted to do but when we wanted to do it there wasn't enough people so we couldn't. Hey ho, never mind!

Well we're doing a trip to Milford Sounds tomorrow (look it up). It's a full day tour so I get to rest a bit and take it easy. Then it's back to the road and back to Auckland where we fly on Thursday.

Well that's it for now guys. Short and sweet I know but I haven't got much time at the mo. Hope you are all good and don't forget that you can subscribe to this so that you get the email notifications when we update. I guess it's good that way so you don't get disappointed when we haven't written anything, then again you may not be bothered at all, but then you wouldn't be reading this so whatever!


Peace and love to all
Lee and Edina
x x x x x x

Advertisement



29th October 2007

Thought I should...
...drop you a line or two to say hello. Sounds like you are both having a blast!! And I'm still running around doing a whole lot of work for you know who!! I've had a plan in my mind that I should do NZ before I get too old so I'd better get planning soon!! Keep on having fun and see you back in the UK later on. Nig.

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb