Fun, fun, fun!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

WOOHOO!!WOOHOO!!WOOHOO!!

Heaps of fun on the Shotover River. Got a bit wet but it was one wild and exhilarating ride.
It’s a reasonable night’s sleep but we’re awake early with traffic noise. That’s okay, we want to make sure we get to see what we want anyway. Initially it’s raining and all the mountains are in cloud. Although within an hour of being up the sun starts shining and all the clouds are blown away.

In to Queenstown to book a jetboat trip. We’ve got a while til it leaves so we walk around the town and find a nice little café near the lakefront for lunch. Back to get the shuttle to the Shotover River where we’re doing our jetboating. The sun is shining and almost a clear blue sky…sensational!!

The ride was fantastic! We get so close to the rocks in the canyon section and in the open river parts do 360 spins time and time again. It’s exhilarating and loads of fun. Thankfully the hand rail is heated else we’d be cold from the almost freezing water that is splashed on us during the spins.

Next on our list was the gondola and luge. It’s a great view of Queenstown, the lake and the surrounding mountains from the top under beautiful blue skies. After a
One "remarkable" in front of other Remarkables!One "remarkable" in front of other Remarkables!One "remarkable" in front of other Remarkables!

View from top of Queenstown Gondola Lookout. You can see part of Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables.
few quick photos we then have take on the luge track. Heaps and heaps of fun!!

Lastly we take a further look around town. It’s got a nice feel to it and most of the people we’ve come across are very friendly. We look at a few souvenir shops but they’re not that great. Head to Canterbury shop (you know the makers of the Wallabies shirts, and other rugby teams too). Shop assistants are very friendly and after we make our purchases we’re pointed in the direction of Speights Ale House for dinner. We both order filet mignon which are just perfect. Susan finally finds a bar with Johnny Walker red and I enjoy 2 handles of Speights Porter, a dark ale. Aaaahhh!!

So with bellies full we head back to our apartment and, unfortunately, have to do some washing. It’s a bit more difficult then we thought as the washing machine doesn’t spin the clothes so we have to wring them all out. To top that off the light is on a timer and we have to press it every 45 seconds or be plunged into total darkness. Did I mention that the 2 driers were in
Catch me if you can Julie!Catch me if you can Julie!Catch me if you can Julie!

Us having fun on the luge. Julie is trying to figure out just how to pass Susan!
use and we had to wait to use one of them but even after being in there for an hour our clothes aren’t even close to being dry! So we take them back and hang them on the clothes airer that’s in the apartment.

A late night so we head off to bed hoping our clothes will dry a bit in front of the 2 heaters which we leave running all night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb