Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
April 16th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We were very unsure what to expect of Queenstown. We'd read that it was highly geared towards tourism and pretty pricey, yet so many people had told us how great it was. The descriptions were right, but we really fell in love with Queenstown. Surrounded by Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables mountain range, Queenstown was both picturesque and vibrant (described in our massively over the top travel guide as having "adrenaline pumping through its veins").

So with all this beauty surrounding us, what could we do? Of course! A bungy jump!!

We booked our jumps for 1.45pm and took a gondola up to the top of Bob's peak, where there is a complex with shops, restaurants and high risk activities! In order to prepare ourselves for the bungy, we had a couple of rides on the luge track. This was excellent fun and they went a lot faster than we thought! No comment on who won the races.

Now was time for the big one! Dom decided to do the normal freefall bungy, where as Bex went for a "swing" - basically the same thing but you freefall then swing back and forth rather than bouncing up and down. You also let yourself go from a hanging position rather than jump off the ledge (the swing is meant to be more comfortable). Our bungys involved a harness round the waste rather than the traditional method round the feet. This meant for Dom, he could run and jump!

Unfortunately for Dom, he was forced to go first! (by the bungy people, not Bex!). For Dom this was a far scarier experience than the Sky Diving. Bex was shocked by the volume of his scream (see the video!). Next was Bex, extremely nervous as you will see from the video! Her scream provoked huge laughter from the crowd watching us!!

As you can imagine the adrenaline was pumping (as it does through Queenstown's veins!!) and once it had worn off we didn't have much trouble sleeping...



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



24th April 2007

See what did I tell you
Isn't it amazing?!!! Thats why I'm gonna be working there this year - imagine all that scenery covered in snow - glad you two are having a great time
24th April 2007

How are you guys ever going to be able to settle back into a normal life of going to work every day!!!
26th April 2007

Near miss??
The cable cars look very close - was that all part of the thrill?? There cant be many things left for you to experience!! Take care xxxx

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb