Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
December 16th 2006
Published: January 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

With the last few days of rain we decided our first night in Queenstown would be spent in a bed! The tent was just going have to wait until the weather cleared. Lucky for our wallet the weather improved the next day and we were back under canvas : ( !!

Queenstown is really picturesque, small but well presented. The shops are all grouped together tightly in part pedestrinised streets with cafés and bars spilling out onto the walkways. Down by the harbour there is a small grassed area where people sat chatting with friends or just enjoyed the passing views of the tourists coming and going from the numerous boat trips which left from the key side.

We really enjoyed our stay here and could see that it had a lot to offer whether that be a relaxing outdoorey type holiday or a full throttled adrenalin fuelled beer packed monster of a weekend. You just had to find the bit you wanted.

The best part of our stay here was definitely our trip up the mountain where not only did we get fantastic views of the area and the thrills of the luge, but within seconds of stepping out of the gondola at the top were back in on our way down for Jo to do a paraglide off nearby Coronet Peak.

Then apart from enjoying fish ’n’ chips from the locally renowned PJs and nearly getting pecked to death by ravenous ducks while trying to eat them, that was Queenstown for us, short and sweet, but well worth the visit. Even in the short period of time we were there, it had left enough of an impression to warrant a second visit.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Coronet Peak in the distanceCoronet Peak in the distance
Coronet Peak in the distance

Joey would be jumping off there in a days time!!


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb