Day 24 - Arrowtown and the Skyline Luge


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
November 30th 2006
Published: December 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Thanks everyone for all the comments - please keep the coming! If you haven't left a comment please do so! :o)

After a very cold night in the campervan we awoke to lots more snow - the snow line about 500m high so everything looked real nice. It was still cloudy and occasional shower so we headed out to an old gold mining town called Arrowtown - which basically hasn't changed much since the 1860s. We looked around the town and shops and skipped on the gold panning - it was too cold!

We headed back to Queenstown and walked up to the Skyline complex which was situated on top of a hill which over looks Queenstown. It was a steep climb up. We then had 3 go's on the Luge - a cross between go karts and bobsleighing. Basically, you sit in a sledge with wheels and let yourself roll down a winding track with bends, tunnels and dips. The "Scenic Track" was clossed - so we had no choice but to take the "Fast Track". We didn't complain. It was good fun, and it actually snowed while we were up there! We caught the gondola back down to Queenstown, and headed along the lake towards Glenorchy to camp for the evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb