Sun & Fun in Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
November 28th 2018
Published: November 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

SC writes: Queenstowbn is the most popular tourist destination in NZ and we have seen plenty of evidence of that. There are scores of things to including many white knuckle things such as hang gliding. It is a youngsters' town but yesterday we went for it and went jet boating up a mountain canyon. Even the 45 minute drive up int othe hills on unmade road was exciting enough. Stunning views and sheer drops. The boat itself is a high powered thing that only requires 8 inches draft and it wizzes up and down the canyon screaming past rocks and over waterfalls. A total adrenaline buzz - Amazing and all in glorious summer sunshine.

The weather held today and we went for a more sedate cruise on the lake in the morning. In the pm we drove down to Arrowtown, a very quaint and pictresque village about 20 kms away. Lovely, again in warm sunny weather. Tonight something unusual happened: Cathy choose not to have beef but decided on whim that she fancied fish and chips. We were having a beer on a boat at the time and apparently they allowed BYO food! So off went Cj to find a fish and chip supper which turned out to be very good. We have booked a nice steak place for tomorrow however. As I type it is trying to rain, the skies are grey and we keeping everything crossed for tomorrow - our last day in Queenstown.

From here on we are travelling: Car, car, train, plane until we get to Sydney on Monday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb