Greetings from Picton!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Picton
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dolphin Watching in Bay of IslandsDolphin Watching in Bay of IslandsDolphin Watching in Bay of Islands

We headed up to the BOI after Auckland- and spent a day out watching dolphins- we saw a pod of 35- it was amazing they were so friendly- they came so close to the boat you could almost touch them. We couldn't swim with them though as they had their babies with them... boo... We hope to see some more in the south island though!
Hello Everybody!

Its been a while and i hope you are all keeping well.

We just arrived on the South Island and are staying in Picton for a few days as the weather has been so lush.

We have done so many things since the last blog its hard to believe we have only been hear 3 weeks now.

We could definitely get used to this lifestyle....

Have a look at the photos which will give a little insight into what we've been up to.

BTW thanks so much to everyone for your emails they are much appreciated.

We will be in touch soon.

Lots of Love

P&A xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Waitangi Treaty House Waitangi Treaty House
Waitangi Treaty House

This is Andrew outside the Maori Meeting House at the Waitangi Treaty House where the treaty was signed between Britain and the Maori leaders of New Zealand in 1840- some history there for ya kids!
View over lake RotoruaView over lake Rotorua
View over lake Rotorua

We headed up to the top of the mountain that looks over the lake in Rotorua. You can see the gondola that brought us up. Once at the top we went on a luge ride which is kind of like being on little go karts and the course went from the top to the bottom of the mountain- we felt like we were living super mario kart! We loved it so much we had 4 goes!!
Mountain Biking in RotoruaMountain Biking in Rotorua
Mountain Biking in Rotorua

We went on a few different courses here- the tracks were pretty tough going for first timers like us and we got soaked but loved every minute of it!!
Taupo BungyTaupo Bungy
Taupo Bungy

After debating it for many days we plucked up the courage to do a bungy jump. It is 47 metres high and we loved it- once we did it that is! Andrew has now got great expectations of doing the 143 metre one in Queenstown- watch this space... You will have to wait till we get home to see the official photos & DVD of us jumping- so funny!!!
Huka Falls, TaupoHuka Falls, Taupo
Huka Falls, Taupo

After the Bungy we headed up to get some stunning views of this waterfall. The day before we had kayaked down the river Waikato which leads to this falls but obviously did not get this far!
Views over WellingtonViews over Wellington
Views over Wellington

We took the cable car up to the look out over Wellington. The weather has been much better since arriving here. We then walked down through the botanical gardens to the sea front. Wellington is a very beautiful and relaxed city- we loved it!
Views of Marlborough Sounds, PictonViews of Marlborough Sounds, Picton
Views of Marlborough Sounds, Picton

We are currently staying in Picton and the weather has been scorching- finally after all the rain and wind! We headed out along Snouthead, a walk that took us up into the hills which look out across the Marlborough Sounds. The views were absolutely stunning and it was so peaceful up there. We are so chilled.... and a little burnt....


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb