A little rest and relaxation


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Queenstown
February 10th 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -45.0311, 168.663

We dragged ourselves away from the spectacular mountain views of the Mount Cook range to drive to Queenstown and picked up a German girl hitch hiker to entertain us and give us the back packer experience. We dropped her 4 hrs later on a hot afternoon at the Lake shore at Wanaka, where she was hoping to pick up some paid work and finally found our hotel well out of town. We were pleased not to linger in town with all its tourists and Extreme sports Combo excitements. We spent evenings hanging out in our quirky old hotel in a magnificent upgraded suite with views way down below of a beautiful peaceful river entertering a canyon, only broken periodically by the red jet boating engines and screams of adrenalin rush from excited customers zooming past way down below. Drinks on the terrace and good food was more our style. We were surprised to find all the tourists who weren't throwing themselves out of the sky with one thrill or another in the historic Arrowtown and escaped fro them to see the ski area - only two chair lifts- a remote Moke Lake attracting campers and a sit in the sun near film sites from Lord of the Rings , where we heard about the fruit packing industry from two packers on holiday from their fruit trees near Nelson, up north.

We went photo quiet in Queenstown - so you get a leftover one of the distant view of Fox Glacier, a picture of a jet boat screaming through a canyon and a secic one from the nearby ski area. But we promise more from Doubtful Sound


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb