Off to the Magical land of Oz


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Queenstown
January 13th 2006
Published: January 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post


Hello all!

Well we though we would have to stretch out the remaining 1.5 months here in new zealand by working a while, but thats not what dan was thinking the other day. We were just sitting there and dan says "why don't we just go to Austrailia?". I was a little hesitant at first but I warmed up to the idea. Pun not intended. I decide on a whim most times and within a day we all had tickets to Oz. We are going there for the last month of our trip before returning to NZ to fly back. We have a basic route now and we are planning to meet up with people there which is kinda weird. So we rap up a few things here and then we fly from auckland. We still have some walks to do and of course sky diving if we have time.

We have spent a lot of time in Queenstown mainly because its really cheap. The second reason would have to be...because we love this city. Waking up to mountains and watching sunsets everyday doesnt get boring and our view as you have seen) isnt that bad. We have been eating well, enjoying the beach and the sun. Sleeping on the ground really doesnt come into play. We are leaving tomorrow and I dont think it has set in yet. We have rented a car and will be travelling around the south for about 2 more weeks. The west coast is supposed to be amazing but we will see. We have seen so much and I think we overestimated how big this country really is. We have seen almost every major city and mountain range and we still have 1.5 months left. But I wouldnt trade these 2 and a half months for anything. We have seen and done so much, I feel we have been here for a lifetime.

New Zealand will be sorely missed.
Oz, here we come.
Mike
P.S. - I have to start saying things like "Now that's a knife!"





Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb