Bungy time


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Queenstown
January 8th 2006
Published: January 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok, i guess there are certain things that you plan to do before you go travelling, some you end up doing and some you don't. I really wanted to do the Bungy jump, but always doubted whether i actually would.

This past Saturday we myself Elaine, Emily and a Californian guy called Carl who we met in Wanaka all booked to do the skydive. Unfortunately it was cancelled due to high winds so we could not do it (we still plan to do it if and when it is possible incidently), after this we headed down towards Queenstown (the worlds adventure capital) in order to stay, but on the way we passed the most famous Bungy Jumping site in the world the 50 metre high Kawerau Bridge and went to check it out.

I looked at it and it looked so awesome that i immediately felt i had to do it, but then i got really scared and had serious doubts that i could. It actually took ages for me to get the courage, but i knew that i had to because i would be so gutted if had come here and not done it. So... I DID IT.

And i have to say the intensity of the fall down towards the water was amazing, and the adrenalin surge after doing it was unbelieveable, i actually acreamed with excitement as i walked back up towards the viewing area where Elaine and Emily were (neither of them did it incidently, though Emily has a legit excuse as she has an ankle injury).

I ended up buying the DVD and the photos and hopefully these will make it back to the UK because they are a great memento to have.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb