Crazytown!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Queenstown
January 13th 2007
Published: January 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Absolutely bricking itAbsolutely bricking itAbsolutely bricking it

The most scared I've ever been... probably
Got into Queenstown and immediately thought it would be awesome to live here - stunning weather, plenty of activities and in 6 months time - a ski heaven. Took a wander around and booked up some activities.

Next day started off with a trip up the gondola for some great views over QT and more luge rides - similar to Rotorua. Cheap as chips and great fun again. Took some time to do some paragliding aswell off the top of the hill to get a bird's eye view.

BUNGY - did it! Felt apprehensive but ok, that is until I shuffled to the front of the ledge. Legs tied together so looking down to check my feet, took a look over the edge and totally bricked it. Froze on the first countdown but took the dive 2nd time round. Felt pretty great afterwards, it's ticked off the list and one of my main aims on this holiday done and dusted.

Got up the next day and went river surfing - couple of times down Kawarau River, past sections called things like The Maneater, Chomper and Rollercoaster. Much harder than I thought it would be and took the next day to recover.

Spent the afternoon watching the national NZ rubgy 7s competition which Auckland went on to win and headed down to Invercargill early evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The crowd are on their feet.....The crowd are on their feet.....
The crowd are on their feet.....

NZ's most exciting spectator sport
Lake WakatipuLake Wakatipu
Lake Wakatipu

from Bob's Peak, QT


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb