Wrapping up with beautiful wrapping paper


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Queenstown
September 19th 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -45.0311, 168.663

We left beautiful Te Anau and drove about 3 hours to Queenstown.
Because we have to drop off the car so early - and can't find the contract !!! - we stopped by the rental place at the airport before coming to the B&B. Q''town a/p is like Pgh in 1983 - compact! And they said (something that we've heard lots) "no worries." In fact, David extended the contract one day for about $24 US - a good deal - which means we don't have to pay for buses, shuttles or taxis from and back to the a/p in Auckland. And it means we won't be stranded at the hotel alll day tomorrow. We THINK we are all packed ok for tomorrow - with the big suitcase 50#, and one of the carry ons inside that one, and then the other carry on stuffed to the gills and being checked.
Before coming to the B&B we stopped at the famous Bungy Jumping place named for our grandson (just joking) - AJ Hackett bought the rights to use this old bridge in 1988 and the first commercial bungy jumping was formed.
The B&B is perched on the hillside along with just about all the rest of Queenstown. Views are gorgeous.
We headed into town for a wander - nice park - as usual.
Then we headed up the mountain for good views, being too cheap to take the gondola up Bob's Peak (and it looked scary).
Then we headed west towards Glenorchy, where much of the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed. Only went about 20 mins as the light was dimming.
Had our final LAMB SHANKS dinner tonight - yum!! The flocks can be safer after we leave. Our waitress was one of the thousands of temporary workers we have met - from Essex. People are amused when we generally ask for details - because we lived in Leigh Essex. En route over we shared views with a Chinese couple - from Kuala Lumpur. They were fascinated that David was born there.
Up at 6:30 am tomorrow - which is not much different from usual actually. My cold is gone - quicker than a week - Hallelujah.


Advertisement



19th September 2016

I think pigeons are beautiful.
19th September 2016

wow - It is huge! I love it! Thank you for giving it a hug!!!
19th September 2016

I love the VW...it's like an ice cream truck but for wine. I wonder if something like that would be legal here??

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb