Happy Birthday Dad


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region
April 8th 2013
Published: April 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

After an amazing night’s sleep I wake up, and lay on the double mattress watching the sunrise over the lake. We are up, breakfasted, the hut swept and on our way by 8.30am. Today’s walk is a nice easy three hours around the lake edge, with a quick climb at the end to reach the car park. Joan asks me to drive down the half hour or so down the part sealed mountain road back to the village, its great fun! In St Arnuad we pick up Ana’s car and then all head to the only establishment in the area to sell drinks – the hotel, where I enjoy a lovely 3 berry cider – with berry names I have never heard of before, but it sure tastes good!

After we say our goodbyes and Ana, David and I head back to Nelson, and the others back to their relevant houses. Considering the majority of us hardly knew each other a few days ago, we have all got on famously, and had such a great time – hopefully we will all stay in touch!

When we get back to Nelson we can’t check back into our hostel as the reception is closed until 3pm…which means no shower or clean clothes for another hour. So the three of us head into town, and go and have lunch, which was mighty yummy.

I have a lovely evening, kicked off by a shower….it always feels so amazing after not having one for a few days and being out and walking. Skype dad to wish him happy birthday before he heads to work, and chat to people in the hostel. As I am chatting away to a guy named James in my dorm, it turns out he studies Law at UEA, graduating 2 years before me, and lived at 90 George Borrow Road…and we were 118!! Such a small world!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb